Thursday, August 02, 2007

In Daddy's Arms



In Daddy's Arms

How long, Lord?
How long must this continue?
How long must I feel this way? So alone, so pressed...
How long must I endure? Such sorrow, such hopelessness...

A little longer?
But, how much longer?
Rest? How can I...
Oh, You will carry me?

Hold me in Your arms, Daddy, close to Your heart
Let my head rest on Your breast
That I may hear the beat of Your heart
And move in rhythm to Your Spirit

So safe
So secure, in Your arms
Such warmth
Such love, I am transformed!

Swing me, Daddy!
Do it again!
Whirl me around in Your arms of Love
I feel like I am flying - flying in Your Love

So far above my worries and fears
High in the air
Out of reach of all that seek to harm me
Or drag me back down

My whole heart trusts You
We are one at the heart
You have given Your heart to me
And I am Yours

Fly me again, Daddy
In Your strong, loving arms
How I need this time with You
I want to be just like You

J/ (C) 2007

10 comments:

gerbmom said...

Beautiful. This is the image of God that I so often comfort myself with and pray for for others when they are hurt or scared. Thanks for posting your amazing poetry! I must remember to return here more often. Every time I do you speak to my heart. I hope you guys are doing well....

GoteeMan said...

We are hanging in there... Backing off on IV Antibiotics for a bit (to maint. dose) and doing some other things to attempt to recover some of Kim's strength.

Thanks for the encouragement.

Jeff

? said...

Thank you for another uplifting poem, Jeff! Reminds me that my Father loves me. Unconditionally.

GoteeMan said...

Heidi -

He sure does! Ain't it wonderful?

Jeff

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Jeff..
that is incredibly beautiful...
I wish you would have written that two years ago while we were in the hospital..

GoteeMan said...

Thanks for the kind words, Terri. It's so good to be able to rest in His arms, knowing He is caring for us...

Jeff

Queen of the Mayhem said...

What a beautiful poem! This brought a tear to my eye. I sincerely hope that God grants you and your family the peace you seek.


I just love your outlook on life....could you send me some of your strenght? My email is on my site! (hee-hee)

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

You know.. this would be so wonderful for some of the "heart mom"...

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Can you do a "links to post" so I can forward this link?

GoteeMan said...

Queen -
Aw! Thanks for the kind words - sent you an e-mail... with STRENGTH...
but I will soon be changing from Comtrash to AT&T DSL 6.0 Extreme (next Thursday), so it will be changing...

Terri -
I changed my blog format today and included linking...

Enjoy!

J