Monday, October 20, 2008

Breakthrough!




Slow down
and take a breath
I know it's hard
but try to rest

The gears all spinning
inside your head
Life hasn't dealt you
what you'd expect

Longing for
a simple touch
Sometimes it feels
like way too much

Responsibility owned
Feeling alone
Soul so heavy
it's too much to carry

Pushing through
the hardest part
Resist the urge
to harden your heart

It will not last forever
though it sometimes feels it could
You are not forgotten
it's all working for your good

Standing there
before a wall
And in your mind
it seems so tall

Too tall to climb
you know it's true
The only way
is to push straight through

So break on through
to the other side
You've come too far
to be denied

Push on through
that paper wall
It a facade
and no wall at all

Looks like a wall
Actually a door
And once you open it
You'll see much more

On the other side
you'll find
Freedom, love
and peace of mind

You're expected
so come on in
I'm waiting here
for you, my friend

J/ (C) 2008

18 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Ack! How do you do that every time? I'm struggling today and that was just what I needed to hear!

Terri@SteelMagnolia said...

Awesome

Stephanie said...

I think this might be one of my favorites that you have shared. Wow.. it can be interpreted in several ways. Love it.

Jen said...

I may just have to read this everyday. This is my #1 pick so far!

Queen of the Mayhem said...

Could you give me a pep talk like this on a daily basis? It is to difficult to stay down when you keep posting such uplifting things!

Thomas said...

I've been wondering of late what genre of music these songs would be if they were ever recorded.

Caroline said...

That was just what I needed to hear. You are amazing! Thank you!

Vodka Mom said...

I just love this! I am a poetry fanatic, and especially ADORE rhyming poetry. thanks.

WORKING MOM said...

I like the comment on the "paper wall." Great metaphor. Not to harden the heart is the hardest part for me. Not with my children but all the others around me.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Beautiful...as usual!

Julie said...

Love it! Have a great day :)

Julie @ planes, trains, & automobiles

GypsiAdventure said...

Hope you have a wonderful day!!
~K

kimmy said...

This is my favorite.

Kimmy

Anonymous said...

Every time I read this one, I take away something new.

Laski said...

You so GET it . . .

I can hear it, set to music. Small pub. Guitar. Maybe a piano.

And faces. Lots of faces.

Nodding.

Agreeing.

Getting it.

Just telling it like it is said...

;) thanks for the smile

ssgreylord said...

funny how when i read this, it dances to my own music in my head...

Thirtysomething said...

you are an amazing writter, wow!